Django comes from the CMS world, and rolling your own isn't that hard. Nevertheless, we don't want to reinvent the wheel, so this is a solicitation for open source Django CMS efforts with active communities.
- Must be powered by Django.
- Most be open source.
- Follows Django/Python best practices.
- Must be extensible.
- Elegant user interface.
- Renders humanely in FF, Safari, and IE 7, and 8. IE6 is a definite plus.
- Section 508 compliant or at least pretty close.
- No patching of Django to make things work.
- Must be able to run with PostgreSQL and MySQL.
- Must have an active community. Which means that commits to the CMS need to have happened within the last two months.
- You must provide a featured sites list to be even considered as an option.